Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden

Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden
"Room for one more Plant"

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh the joys of the compost heap.....................



About a year ago, I went out and bought one of those pre made plastic compost bins.


Actually, it was a good choice to get started with, although I would of preferred to have made my own compost heap with the twin bins made of wood, but will get to that project at some stage.

Yet the bin will just have to do for now, I can (and have) move it around once the compost is ready. Just about everything I can get my hands on gets turfed in there. Lawn clippings, leaves, shredded paper and cardboard, kitchen scraps (leave out the meat, fish is ok) and the many weeds and small clippings from pruning.

So far, compost no. 4 is on the go, having already used no.1 and 2, no. 3 is currently being used (thats what is under the blue tarp)..Its surprised me that I actually had enough to put in and start composting, yet I did. The compost is a delirious mix that the garden and worms just love.

Compost No. 3 is being used whenever I plant out seedlings and re pot plants indoors and outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment