Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden

Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden
"Room for one more Plant"

Monday, November 29, 2010

Growing your own Food.

What is better and healthier than growing your own food, nothing at all.

For me, it means getting out of the house and doing something other than sitting in front of the box in the corner of the lounge room. Being more active and my mind isnt dwelling on nonsense or make believe problems. The problems of the world can be fixed by gardeners.

Not only that, it means I am being proactive with the environment as well. Looking after my garden spaces equals looking after the world in a small way.

Its a great way to have a positve impact on the environment and your community.  Community gardens are springing up in most towns and cities for those who dont have the space because of apartment/flat living or other reasons.

A community garden is a green space cultivated on common land by a group of people. Community gardens come in all shapes and sizes

Having said all that now, my little garden is a never ending supply of food, depending on the season, and constant weeds that need pulling out. But do I mind, no... it gives me satisfaction that I can go out and just pick whatever herb, tomato, potato, silverbeet or corn when I am getting tea or lunch ready...

Not only that, watching things grow and being able to use them is a job well done in my book. Even when I am working on farms, I can always see where I have been, right at the end of the day it makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment