Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden

Keep Love in your Heart, life without it is like a sunless Garden
"Room for one more Plant"

Friday, March 25, 2011

Its been a while, been a tad busy here...

The last month or so has been a tad busy with the garden and other things. Even with Autumn here, there is still loads to do around the place and it doesn't seem that long ago when I started planting my winter veg.



The broad beans are in, along with cauliflower. This past summer I had planted out about 12 tomatoes and most of them are out now, except 3 which still seem to be hanging in there. This year wasn't a good year around here for tomatoes (will admit here got a bit sick of making green tomato relish) and I wasn't the only one having trouble with getting them to ripen.

The zucchinis I had put in are still producing zucchini, yellow and black jack. There are also pumpkin, peas and normal beans in and they are all coming up nicely.

The woodheater has been fired up, although still a tad too warm to be going, its getting cooler around here and need to get some of the washing dry without having to use the dryer.

This year, I have decided to cut down on plastic bags around the place starting with using hessian bags for shopping now. At least with them I can wash them easily if they start getting a tad dirty looking. (plastic bags take forever to disintegrate into the environment)

Not only that, I have found some eco-friendly cleaning products in the local health food shop that seem to be doing really well around the house. They smell wonderful as well and are made locally where I live.. so all good.

Well that's it for now and hope all goes well in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment